Sunday, October 7, 2012

Apparently I have a plog.

The term blog is shortened from "web log".  I think this is turning into less of a blog and more of a plog, a "photo log".  This is okay though.  A few ideas and events to share today.  Be aware it's a toddler sort of post rather than a baby post...

First, sharing an idea I got from someone else.  Toddler busy boxes!  We love busy boxes.  The best part is that you can actually use those millions of toys you likely buy or receive, when otherwise they can just sit around being ignored.

She always loves opening her busy boxes.
(From this picture you might think she was terrified!)

Today's box of flash cards!
Yes, she has enough flash cards sets that each
of 12 boxes has flash cards in it.  I know...

Monster truck.  Because girls can play trucks too.
Also in this box are bouncy jacks, wooden castanets,
a light-up football, little books and small puzzles.
All great stuff that was getting ignored until I
packaged them in this way!

Additionally, here was a great idea I got from a friend.  I am always looking for new painting ideas and often end up buying different supplies to keep the experience fresh (though sometimes I think even just plain old painting every day would be enough for her).  I hadn't really thought to use items I already have around to embellish on our daily painting ritual!

Cotton balls!  I put a ball by each plate...

but apparently this plate deserved 
all of the balls and the other 
plates need not have any...

And this cotton ball desired to be pushed around
by a q-tip, don't you know?  I thought the q-tips
would be fun for a bit of pointillism, but Kaitlyn
decided otherwise!

For example, forming a painted
q-tip committee was considered.

But then it was decided they could be put to 
better use to decorate the plastic cup 
she was using to make circles.

Oh, but it always comes to this.  Nothing beats
the feeling of goopy paint squelching
between your fingers!

Painting at the table is alright.

But sometimes it's better to get up out of the chair!
Since she kept calling "easel, easel", we moved
things into the kitchen.  Always a risk, but fun.

Dirty, dirty hands.

Dirty, dirty tray.

But so easily cleaned!  I'm going
to go ahead and brag on the Ikea
MÅLA easel.  Blackboard, dry erase
board, tray, paper roll, folds flat.
I love the thing.  The only
improvement I would make
would be to add clips.

Baby clothes hangars make a suitable substitution though!

And just a proud mommy moment.  I have no idea
how long she has been doing this, but Kaitlyn has
developed a three fingered grip for drawing!
I wasn't sure when to start working on it,
so I skipped it and she figured it out.

I adore my kids!


No comments:

Post a Comment