Monday, October 1, 2012

4 months

We have officially reached the 4 month mark!  Peyton was born on the 31st of May, the last day of the month.  There isn't a 31st of every month so I was just "calling it" on the last day of each month.  Apparently that was cheating according to Mr.Saton, so on a short month we count it on the 1st.  Men, so particular.

Height: 25 inches / 78%
Weight: 15.8 pounds / 87%
Head: 41 centimeters / 50%



I'd say she was in pretty high spirits for a kid who had just gotten three shots and an oral vaccine, plus a thorough examination!  The nurses just love her up there.  She never gives them any fuss on the measurements and we haven't had an issue with her peeing on the scale thankfully.  She always has lots of smiles for them as well.

I, of course, got a bit of flack from the doctor over Peyton sleeping on her stomach.  I expected as much, and I do agree.  If there was some way to convince her to sleep on her back, I'd be all over it!  Now that she's in the crib, every time I have put her on her back she plants her foot on the side and pushes herself over onto her tummy.  She can't roll back to front on her own, but she can if she has something to kick off.

Her head measurement is back up to the fiftieth percentile, a huge relief for me after our gigantic drop last time.  Especially after the doctor remeasured twice and even had another doctor bring another tape to be sure!  To have her drop from the 40% to the 20% area scared me badly.  I guess there was just a growth spurt the other kids had that she hadn't gotten to yet!


Four month milestones?  Well, we have a drooler for sure.  She sprung a leak sometime last month and we haven't managed to stop it yet.  She can sit up quite well on her own (even better if there is a toy nearby to play with), if she is in the sitting sort of mood.  If she doesn't want to play, she will just fold herself right over if you try to convince her to sit.  Funny girl, and stubborn to boot!

She gurgles and coos enough to break my heart every day.  She even interrupts my phone calls with it now.  She rolls tummy to back of course, but she's actually quite content on her stomach so she'll play for awhile before she gets tired of it and turns over.  She scoots and she lifts herself up on her knees and forearms now, getting that belly off the ground.


You can just barely see it in this crappy iPhone shot picture!  I caught her coming back down from it.  She's also got quite a set of lungs on her when she decides it's required.


This is her warmup face.  If you catch it in time, all is well.  Today the crisis was averted!

I really think the girls are going to look a lot alike!  Maybe it's just me, but I feel like they are very similar in appearance.

Peyton today at 4 months.

Kaitlyn when she was 4 months.  (Not my picture, 
taken by my wonderful friend Ferny.)

The red is still in Peyton's hair.  I think it was mostly out of Kaitlyn's at this point.  Still with the blue eyes though.  It looks like I am not getting my "brown eyed girl" so far!  One thing is for sure, if Peyton does end up favoring Kaitlyn, I am going to have a couple of good looking girls to protect from the boys in about 12 years...  oh how I wish I could say they got those looks from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment