Friday, September 28, 2012

Being Satonic

These girls.  They are my world, well a really big chunk of it for sure!






After my second child, I find myself in "been there, done that" type territory.  I haven't run into any huge surprises, just some minor differences here and there.  Kaitlyn slept longer, Peyton is easier to put to sleep.  Kaitlyn hardly cried, Peyton thinks a five second delay on a bottle requires a banshee level of admonition.  Etc, etc.

The newborn rush has slowed.  The adjustment from one child to two seems to have... well... adjusted. There is definitely room for improvement, don't get me wrong, but this "2 under 2" deal is not such a terrible thing as I feared.  Call me crazy, but I find myself having brief moments of insanity where I even consider throwing another kid into the mix!  (Please, call me crazy!)

I'm interested in connecting with blogs of moms with children of either age.  My girls are 21.5 months and nearly 4 months.  There's always something new going on in the world, so this being my second child is no reason to decide to just follow to the same old script.  I am very eager to connect with moms of toddlers, particularly.  Kaitlyn will be 2 soon and I think we all know there are some big changes on that horizon...

Our days consist of running ourselves ragged,


messes (sitting on strawberries in a white skirt is a major mom planning fail),


and a moment every now and then that just slaps me in the face with a reminder of how much responsibility I have in raising these amazing girls.


That tiny hand clinging to mine as though I'm all she needs.  It gets me every time.  Hopefully we do alright by them as their parents.  I want so badly for them to maintain a close relationship, something I didn't have with my own sister until fairly recently.  I want for them to have amazing memories of their childhood.  Messy art projects, flying kites, camping trips, visits to extended family, amazing holiday traditions...  all the best parts of my own childhood I want to give to them.

I think we have our work cut out for us!  No doubt it will be worth it though.


No comments:

Post a Comment